1. Status– Alpine Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the FCA. Our FCA Register number is 302557. Our permitted business is the advising and arranging of non investment insurance contracts.
2. The FCA – The Financial Conduct Authority is an independent watchdog that regulate financial services.
3. Which services will we provide you with? – We will advise and make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your needs, we will then administer your policy for the duration and carry out any amendments required.
4. Whose Products do we offer?– We our products from a range of Insurers – Composites, Underwriting Agencies and Lloyd’s of London for all General Insurance Products.
5. Solvency of Insurers – We cannot guarantee the solvency of any insurer with which we place business. This means that you may still be liable for any premium due and not be able to recover the premium paid, whether in full or part, should an insurer become insolvent.
6. Are we covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)? (Consumer Customers Only)– The policies we provide are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if they cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business/client and the circumstances of the claim. Consumer insurance contracts are covered for 90% of the claim. Further information is available from the Financial Conduct Authority or the FSCS. The FSCS can be visited on the web at www.fscs.org.uk or by contacting on 020 7892 7300.
7. What to do if you have a complaint – If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us; in writing to: Alpine Insurance Services Ltd, 250 London Road, Hadleigh, Essex SS7 2DE by phone: 01702 552904. If having received our final response you are still dissatisfied or we have been unable to
resolve your complaint within 8 weeks, you may refer your complaint to the
Financial Ombudsman Service; www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk or
telephone: 0800 023 4567
8. Consumer Insurance Act – Your Insurance is based upon the information provided to the insurance company and you must ensure that all such
information is complete and accurate, and any facts that may influence the insurers decision to accept and pay a valid claim are disclosed, such as:
Accidents/Claims/Motor Convictions/Criminal Convictions/Policies that have been cancelled or that have had special terms imposed.
Incorrect or misleading information could result in your insurance being cancelled or invalid and result in all or part of a claim not being paid.
9. Financial Crime – UK money laundering regulations require us to obtain adequate ‘Know Your Client’ information about you. We are also required to cross check you against the HM Financial Sanctions Consolidated List as part of the information gathering process.
We are obliged to report to the National Crime Agency any evidence or suspicion of financial crime at the first opportunity and we are prohibited from disclosing such a report. We will not permit our employees or other persons engaged by them to be either influenced or infulence others in respect of undue payments or privelages from or to insurers or customers.
10. Consumer Credit Licence – We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of our current Consumer Credit
11. Protecting your information (Data Protection) – All personal information about you will be treated as private and confidential, except where the disclosure is made at your request or with your consent in relation to administering your insurance, and except where law requires us. The FCA may ask us to provide them with access to our customer records in order that they may carry out a review of our activities.
Some or all of the information you supply to us in connection with your insurance proposal, may be passed to other insurance companies for underwriting and claims purposes. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right of access to see personal information about you that is held in our records, whether electronically or manually. If you have any queries, please write to our Managing Director at the address shown above.
12. Use of Credit Agencies and Personal Data Searches – To ensure our insurers and credit providers have the necessary facts to assess your insurance risk, they may obtain information from third parties at quotation and renewal and in certain circumstances where policy amendments are requested.
This information includes a quotation search from a credit referencing agency. This search will appear on your credit report and will be visible to other credit providers. This will appear as an insurance quotation not a credit application by you to pay by monthly instalments.
If you do not wish these checks to be carried out please contact our office and we shall mark your file accordingly, however this may result in us not being able to offer the best possible insurance quotation available.
13. Protecting your money – Prior to your premium being forwarded to the insurer, and for your protection, we will hold your money as an agent of the insurer. Your money will be protected at all times in accordance with the FCA’s CASS rules. We also reserve the right to retain interest earned on this account.
14. How to cancel your policy – You may cancel your insurance at any time by giving us instructions to cancel via letter, email, or by calling our office on 01702 552904. If using an email, the email address must be owned by you or someone to whom you have given DPA authority. Cancellation charges made by your insurers, are detailed in the general conditions section of the insurance document. Cancellation of a policy may incur fees see Charges.
Consumers – As long as no claim has been made under your insurance policy, you may cancel the insurance, without giving reason, by sending us written notice or calling our office on 01702 552904. If cancelling within 14 days of the policy’s inception, the insurers will make a charge equal to the period of cover you have had, this charge will be subject to a minimum amount, a policy fee and Insurance Premium Tax. We may also keep an amount that reflects our administrative costs of arranging and cancelling the insurance. Minimum & Deposit policies: If cancelled, will not generate any rebate in the annual premium or fees that you paid or have agreed to pay.
15. Payments – We can accept payment by cheque, cash, postal orders, debit card, credit card and by direct debit.
We can usually arrange payment by direct debit with the insurer in question or a third party insurance finance provider. Please ask our staff for details as terms vary between insurers and separate
finance companies. Please note that should you wish to cancel a policy mid-term the premium that you have paid may not cover the
insurer’s time on risk charge.
Should this be the case we, the insurer, or the finance company, will ask you to pay this short fall immediately. You can make payments by certain debit cards free of any extra charge. A charge will be made for credit card payments.
16. Charges – The charges for the services we provide are laid out below:-The charges for the services we provide are laid out below:-New Policy & Renewal Charges
Personal Products – A non-refundable charge of £25 – £50 is included in all new policies and renewal invites.
Commercial Products – A non-refundable charge of up to £250.00.
Where we place your business with an insurer who do not give us a placing commission, we will make a straight arrangement/handling fee. This fee will be determined and disclosed at the point of presenting our quotation.
Credit Cards – A non-refundable charge of 1.2% will be made for this method of payment.
Policy Adjustments :- (all fees are non-refundable)
Name changes – No Fee
Occupation Changes – No Fee
Address Changes – £15.00
Other Changes – £25.00
Re-issue of Documents – If we are requested to re-issue certificates, cover-notes or policies for any reason, £15.00 will be applied plus any extra premium required by your Insurer.
Cancelled Policies – A number of charges will be applied.:-If the policy is not replaced with us, a charge of up to £50.00 is applied.
A minimum charge of £15.00 will always be applied.
Cancelled Cheques – If a cheque is returned by your bank, a charge of £25.00 will be applied every time it is returned.
17. Insurers Terms – All Terms provided by us are subject to insurer’s terms, conditions, policy wordings, endorsements and warranties.
18. Cover – When cover is granted, it is conditional that the agreed
premium is paid, or we have your agreement to pay the premium over a specified number of installments.
No cover will be in place until we confirm cover to you. Once cover is in place we must be in receipt of any relevant documentation and payment within the specified periods or insurers may cancel all cover. For cancellation of motor insurance we will issue a notification by normal and recorded mail 7 days before cancellation.
There are no days of grace with Insurance, therefore, please ensure that you do not allow cover to lapse, we must have your renewal payment/instructions prior to the renewal date. Many renewal premiums include loyalty discounts that will not be available if new cover needs to be affected.